The Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual: 1998-2010 contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for Volkswagen New Beetle models from 1998 to 2010. Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to the Volkswagen organization and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner, this manual will help you understand, care for, and repair your Volkswagen.
Although the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of theory of operation and step-by-step maintenance and repair information, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- 1.8L turbo gasoline (engine code: APH, AWV, AWP, BKF, BNU)
- 1.9L TDI diesel (engine code: ALH, BEW)
- 2.0L gasoline (engine code: AEG, AVH, AZG, BDC, BEV, BGD)
- 2.5L gasoline (engine code: BPR, BPS)
- 02J 5-speed manual
- 02M 5- and 6-speed manual
- 0A4 5-speed manual
- 01M 4-speed automatic
- 09G 6-speed automatic
- 02E 6-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG)